Supporting all children to become lifetime readers and writers!
The Reading Specialist works to build a love of literacy at Norton Creek by supporting students and teachers through literacy instruction, assessment, and leadership.
- Modeling and reflecting on lessons
- Co-planning, Co-teaching, and Co-reflecting with teachers
- Observing students and providing feedback
- Suggesting educational strategies for teachers to use in the classroom
- Assisting teachers with implementation of new strategies
- Providing short-term intervention
- Supporting collaboration teams in selecting appropriate instructional strategies and interventions based on students' needs
- Supporting teachers in assessing individual students: providing guidance in using assessment data to plan instruction
- Analyzing data with the School Improvement Team
- Modeling how to administer literacy assessments
- Providing consultation in school-wide and district-wide literacy programs
- Providing leadership in co-planning and implementing literacy events for parents
- Serving as a literacy resource for teachers, the principal, parents, and community
St. Charles Community Unit School District 303