At Norton Creek, reading specialists work with all teachers and students to provide reading support in every part of the school day. Our goal is to work together with families in a collaborative effort to ensure all students are strong readers and thinkers. Below is a list of suggested tips to enhance your child’s reading skills.
Top 10 Ways to Improve Reading Skills in Your Child
- Set aside a regular time to read to your children every day.
- Surround your children with reading material.
- Have a family reading time.
- Encourage a wide variety of reading activities.
- Develop the library habit.
- Be knowledgeable about your children's progress.
- Look for reading problems.
- Get help promptly for reading problems.
- Use a variety of aids to help your children.
- Show enthusiasm for your children's reading.
Read more on FamilyEducation: http://school.familyeducation.com/top-10-ways/improve-reading-skills/38329.html